Welcome to the 2012 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC-URSI National Radio Science Meeting
The 2012 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC-URSI National Radio Science Meeting will be held jointly on July 8-14, 2012, in Chicago, IL, USA, at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. The symposium and meeting are co-sponsored by the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (AP-S) and the U.S. National Committee of the International Union of Radio Science (USNC-URSI) Commissions A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and K. The event represents the premier international symposium in the field of antennas and propagation. Our robust technical program is corroborated by many workshops and short-courses. We are happy to announce that in 2012 the Women in Electromagnetics workshop will occur jointly with our international symposium. In addition, the IEEE AP-S is sponsoring a student paper contest and a student design contest.
- The technical program will be inaugurated with an opening Plenary Session on Global Research Opportunities, on Monday July 9, 2012, featuring excellent speakers from industry and government highlighting the state of the art and emerging areas of research.
- The technical program also will include a plenary session on Funding Research Opportunities, on Tuesday July 10, 2012, featuring presentations on emerging funding opportunities from the U.S. Department of Defense agencies and the U.S. National Science Foundation.
- To encourage more students to attend the joint meeting, the student registration fee has been significantly reduced.
- An innovative poster printing and delivery service is being offered.
- Thanks to the generous financial support of IEEE AP-S, one of the technical sponsors, there is a significant reduction in the registration fee to attend the short courses.
We invite you to read the Chair’s Welcome Message and to browse the website for additional information about the joint meeting. Here are some of the key deadlines (see the Important Dates tab for all key dates and deadlines):
- May 15, 2012: registration deadline for advanced registration discount
- July 2, 2012: new deadline to register with conference hotel at conference rate
We look forward to seeing you in Chicago!
* Photo credit: Chicago Convention & Tourism Bureau